This explains how and why we acquire and use your personal information in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018
We collect information about you
as part of your loan application and during the term of any agreement
- from you and from searches of Credit Reference Agencies (CRAs) and Fraud Prevention Agencies (FPAs) of their records relating to you and other people with whom you are linked financially, from public records, e.g. the electoral roll and third parties e.g. credit brokers where you have provided information to them and consented for it be passed to us
- this includes your name, address, national insurance number, date of birth, contact details, marital status, employment information, credit record and records of your account.
We use your information to:
- make credit decisions about you, taking members of your household or others to whom you are linked financially into account
- communicate with you by telephone, email, SMS, or post
- Manage your account, make collections and debt tracing
- prevent fraud and money laundering
- report to CRAs and FPAs
- report to our regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority, where we are required to do so, This is to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations and fulfil our legitimate interests of promoting responsible lending, if you do not provide us with your information, we will not be able to lend to you.
We may also use your information for other purposes where you have consented to this for example for surveys and research.
We may share your information with:
- third parties to which we transfer, charge or assign your agreement or which manage your loan or provide services for us
- law enforcement agencies or regulatory bodies where we are required to do so by law
- CRAs and FPAs to which we may report positive, delinquent and default data about your account(s) on a regular (minimum monthly) basis. This information may be supplied to other organisations which search your credit record.
When CRAs receive a search from us they place a search “footprint” on your credit file whether or not the application proceeds. Records remain on file with CRAs and FPAs for 6 years after they are closed, whether your loan is settled by you or defaulted.
More information about CRAs and how they use personal information is available at: https://www.experian.co.uk/legal/crain or you can contact the agencies below:
Transunion One Park Lane, LEEDS, LS3 1EP. Tel: 0330 024 7574 or visit: https://www.transunion.co.uk/consumer/consumer-enquiries or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Equifax Customer Service Centre, PO Box 10036, LEICESTER, LE3 4FS. Tel: 0333 321 4043 or 0800 014 2955 or visit: https://www.equifax.co.uk/contact-us/contact_us_personal_solutions.html or email; UKDPO@equifax.com
Experian PO BOX 9000, NOTTINGHAM, NG80 7WP. Tel: 0344 481 0800 or 0800 013 8888 or visit http://www.experian.co.uk/consumer/contact-us/index.html
We store your information:
- Within the United Kingdom (UK)
We may transfer data outside of the UK but will ensure that before we do so, there is “adequate protection” in place to ensure the security of your data.
We Keep your Information:
- For as long as it is needed to manage your account and for a maximum of six years unless a longer period is required by law.
You have the right to:
- access the information we hold about you
- ask us to make any changes to your information to make sure it is accurate and up to date
- ask us to stop or limit our use of or to delete your information
- receive your information in a format that suits you
- transfer your information to a third party
- be told which CRAs we have used and obtain a copy of your file from CRAs.
If you have a question, want to exercise your rights or make a complaint, please contact us on 01495 722333.
You can also make a complaint to the information
Commissioner’s Office, Wydiffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF Telephone 0303 123 1113
Effective Date: 01-Sep-2023
Last Updated: 01-Sep-2023
What are cookies?
Types of Cookies we use
Manage cookie preferencesCookie Settings
You can change your cookie preferences any time by clicking the above button. This will let you revisit the cookie consent banner and change your preferences or withdraw your consent right away.
In addition to this, different browsers provide different methods to block and delete cookies used by websites. You can change the settings of your browser to block/delete the cookies. Listed below are the links to the support documents on how to manage and delete cookies from the major web browsers.
If you are using any other web browser, please visit your browser’s official support documents.